“Emotions Are Like Sticks” poetry

Emotions are like sticks. they’re strong but with enough force, enough perseverance, they’ll snap. they hold a rough outer skin of protection for all to see, yet its fun to peel it away to show they’re vulnerable without it.

Without it.

Without it they’re free for all to cut at with sharp bladed words that leave scars upon our hearts. they ooze out hopes in dreams and our ‘once upon a time’ smiles, as the chains of doubt drag us down. Every strip of bark was another bit of our self-confidence and happiness.

And the chains that wrap around trees, connected to monstrous machines that are ready to pull it down. but we all know that that machine is actually the people that are connected to the chains. And the chains are actually words that pull us down to the ground..

adhesionCreative Commons License Yutaka Seki via Compfight

2 thoughts on ““Emotions Are Like Sticks” poetry”

1. Wow, really deep and moving. I feel that you captured that feeling of being scarred with words perfectly. It will make people think about what they say or will say before they say it. As a fellow writer and story teller I brightens my day to know that there are people similar to me out there. Keep doing what you do.

I have a humor blog for picking people up called Nonsense, It is an on going story between me and another blogger.
    http://cobyrafaliksis7.edublogs.org/

1. I’m so happy you can relate to my poem! I wrote it to reflect my feelings towards people in our community! i’m happy to see you liked it, and i hope i can make more poems that you’ll enjoy!