Week #3

Hiking in mountains near Gorazde spotted on Flickr's Explore Sep 2016 Alen Djuderija Photography via Compfight

This is a piece of driftwood. nothing to freak out over, right? well have you ever thought about how that drift wood got here? well let me explain.

This is Karl, he’s just one simple branch on a tree, by the coast. He grows stronger each day of his life. He is home to many passing animals.  Life’s going good, here by the coast. But things to for the worst when a heavy storm comes, ripping him away from his home, the tree, and into the watery depths below. Ages pass before he awakes, on the sandy shore.  Driftwood is pieces of wood that is floating, or has washed ashore. Karl has gone back to helping things, by being a handrail.

3 thoughts on “Week #3”

1. Hi Sophia! I really liked your blog post and how you used personification to describe the piece of driftwood and its journey through its life. I also liked how you could turn a simple topic into an interesting story. Keep up the good work!

2. Hi. I’m Rylee. Your story about Karl explains how he got there, but maybe you could add a story about what happens after Karl turns into a handrail. It may seem like a stupid idea (Because all I come up with are stupid ideas), but maybe it would be great. Come check out my blog @ 2022reh.edublogs.org

3. Hello Sophia,
    I really liked this post! I love this idea, to think from the driftwood’s point of view, it’s incredible! I also love the setup of your blog, it’s really pretty. I haven’t really personalized my blog yet, but here’s the link if you’re interested~ http://lyricz12.edublogs.org/ I hope to keep in touch!
    ~Lyric